Riviera Maya offers you the perfect location for the beach wedding or honeymoon of your dreams, from a barefoot cabana hotel to an all-inclusive luxury resort,
The Riviera Maya is among the most popular vacation destinations in Mexico. Honeymoons in this area tend to center around individual hotels and resorts, most of which are all inclusive to some degree. You will be able to find everything from small, barefoot cabana hotels, elegant boutique hotels, bed and breakfasts, and awesome, all-inclusive resorts in a variety of price ranges. The luxury all-inclusive concept here is generally so indulgent that you won’t have to or want to leave the premises very often during your honeymoon.
It will help you find your way around if you are aware that Riviera Maya includes several distinctive sections, South from Cancun along the Caribbean Coast of the Yucatan Peninsula:
- Playa del Carmen is the region’s largest city. 75 miles south of Cancun and 40 miles north of Tulum, it is ideal for just about every activity from lying on the beach to shopping, dining and dancing. To make it even more exciting, the lovely islands of Cozumel and Isla Mujeres—are short ferry trips across the harbor.
- Puerto Morelos is a quiet fishing village just 15 miles south of the Cancun Airport and an optimal spot for relaxation in a charming atmosphere. The area is perfect for snorkeling, windsurfing and diving due to the massive Grand Mayan Reef that offers protection and unique opportunities to enjoy the crystal clear ocean both above and below water. Also, at certain times of the year, the region is frequented by marlins and sailfish, which make for top-notch sport fishing.
- Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach) is a little more than half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Home to a serene resort, this spot is a favorite of honeymooners thanks to its spectacular white sand beach that’s surrounded by coconut trees and a lush tropical forest. The shallow Caribbean waters here are excellent for snorkeling and diving, but adventure-seekers also can windsurf, parasail, kayak and sail—and may even see endangered sea turtles that use the beach as a nursery!
- Playacar is just south of Playa del Carmen and the location of a beautiful, pure sand beach near the south end of the ferry dock to Cozumel. In addition to the many rental condos, beach houses and all-inclusive resorts, Playacar offers numerous small Mayan archaeological sites, the Xaman-Ha Aviary with exotic tropical birds, an 18-hole golf course, water sports, great shopping and much more.
- Tulum, at the end of the Riviera Maya, is an ideal spot to relax and take in the laid back atmosphere. It has a collection of smaller hotels and mystical Mayan ruins.